Last modified: November 13, 2021
This policy applies to information we collect:
- From your use of the Services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Company using the Services.
- Through Apps you download from this Website or through application stores that We utilize, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Company.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising and billing) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Services not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Services or through any of its features, register through the Services, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive features of the Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, company name, telephone number or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com
California residents under 18 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Region Specific Disclosures for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”); and
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, including but not limited to information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details (“depersonalized data”).
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, or when you create a Listing or purchase a Product or use the Services to procure third-party services or otherwise interact with User Generated Content created by another User.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site.
- Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
- We do not control, supervise or respond to how the third parties providing your information process your personal information, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, subscribing to our service, posting material to a Listing or order relating to a Listing, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Services.
- Another User may provide your information to facilitate a transaction.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- We may maintain any and all communications resulting from your interactions with us by email, phone, email (or mail), messages through the mobile web browser or app or chat. We may also record comments and opinions you express when responding to surveys, making purchases using our services or other access control technology, entering a sweepstakes or taking part in promotions we run. We may use all of the foregoing communications to address your questions, issues and concerns and to improve our Services. We may also maintain your ratings and reviews regarding our Services, which we may post for the benefit of all of our users.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your orders/requests.
- Payment Information you provide to our third-party billing partners when placing an order.
You also may provide information, including photographs, videos, audio, and other multimedia content (collectively “multimedia content”) along with the associated metadata to be uploaded, published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) within a Listing or order relating to a listing and to which other Users may access, or transmit to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). By posting User Contributions to a Listing or multiple Listings, you are granting to the Company a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free license to use any portion of your User Contributions that may contain Intellectual Property. For the purpose of this license, “Intellectual Property” shall include any copyrights, patents, mask work rights, moral rights or other intellectual property rights associated with your User Contributions. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
With your permission, we may access your photos or contact list from your mobile device, photo or document storage accounts, or email accounts to enable you to share content or promotions or invite others to connect with our Services. We may receive personal information about you from third parties and combine that with information we collect through our Services. The data we receive from these third-party sites is dependent upon that third party’s policies and your privacy settings on that third-party site.
We may also use aggregate personal information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, research, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes as long as the end-product does not uniquely identify you or any other user of the Services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, internet service provider, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, and a unique ID that allows us to identify your browser, mobile device, or your Account (including, for example, a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other similar information.
- Information about your location. In some cases, you provide your location information to us directly (e.g. when you provide us with an address or a location for an order or a Listing). In other cases, we may collect your location through the multimedia metadata embedded in all User Contributions, GPS, WiFi, wireless network triangulation or other methods, or we may otherwise infer your location based on other information we collect (for example, we can approximate your location by your IP address). We may know location information within a Listing based on the venues that a User may have listed. This may show your whereabouts. We may use location information to customize content on our Services, link or promote Listings or User Generated Content, detect and prevent fraud, and measure traffic and analytics on the Services.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). For example, information about the way you access and use our Services includes the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave. We may also work with third-party partners to employ technologies, including statistical modeling tools, that permit us to recognize and contact you across multiple devices. We use this device and software information to diagnose and fix technology problems, serve you personalized advertising, personalize your experience, perform analytics/identify usage trends, and improve our products and Services. We may sell or create derivative works of aggregated data to third parties. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on our Services and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The depersonalized data we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our User size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who may be bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To an investor, buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- To provide, maintain, improve and develop the Services. For example, we:
- Enable you to create Accounts and otherwise access and use the Services (e.g., remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit);
- Fulfill your requests and process payments (e.g., to allow you to create and display Listings or manage orders, or to provide you with information that you request);
- Provide custom, personalized content and information (e.g. “your orders” or “your Listings”, “Based on your preferences” type features);
- Perform analytics, detect activity patterns on our Services, and otherwise research usage, and
- Test and develop new features and functionality and otherwise enhance the Services.
- To maintain the safety and security of our Services. For example, we:
- Detect or prevent fraud, abuse or other harmful activities;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments; and
- Improve and enforce our security measures
- To communicate important messages to you and/or to provide you with support. For example, we might send you service-related emails or messages (e.g., user Account verification, changes or updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices) and other communications from or about our Company.
- To provide, personalize, measure and improve our advertising and marketing.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Profile Settings. You may update your profile information in the “Your Account” section of the Services.
Access to your Device Information and Push Notifications. You may control access to your device information or opt out of push notifications through your “Settings” app on your device. For instance, you can withdraw permission for the app to access your location data through your device settings, though we may continue to approximate your location based on your IP address or through other means.
How to control your communications preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., Account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the services, technical and security notices). You may also unsubscribe from receiving certain order-related text (SMS) or multimedia (MMS) messages by replying “STOP” to the number sending the message.
Your data protection rights. We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data consisting of your transaction history, name, email address, phone number and any other Account information (but not any proprietary information that we create for you or other users). We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate about your account.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that We transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
California and Nevada residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Region Specific Disclosures for more information.
How We Store and Protect Your Information
Data storage and transfer. Your information collected through our Services is stored and processed in the United States. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
We will keep your personal information for as long as your account is active. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data, including any and all User Contributions you may have made to any and all Listings. Please be advised that even if your account is no longer active, the person or organization posting a Listing may still have access to any User Contributions you posted to their Listing. Additionally, please be advised that you should keep a backup of all User Contributions you submit, we are not responsible for the loss of any User Contributions.
Keeping your information safe. We care about the security of your information and employ physical, administrative, and technological safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through our Service. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems. Please recognize that protecting your personal information is also your responsibility. Accordingly, we strongly recommend that you change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, make sure you use a secure browser, and otherwise take precautions when communicating your personal information on the internet. If you know or have reason to believe that your Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Account, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
Region Specific Disclosures
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures relating to the processing of personal information about residents of certain countries, regions or states. Please refer below for disclosures that may be applicable to you:
- If you are a resident of the State of California in the United States, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject line “CCPA” for additional California-specific privacy disclosures, including the right to opt-out of the sale of personal information and the right to non-discrimination for exercising these rights. For more information on the CCPA, check out https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
- If you are a resident of the State of Nevada, Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt-out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect. To submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada opt-out.”
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Region Specific Disclosures for more information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly, please do not include credit card information and/or other sensitive personal information in your email correspondence with us.
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact us using the link above, but note that we may not necessarily be bound by that jurisdiction’s governing authority.